Coffee, tea, berries, tomatoes, smoking, genetics—factors like these (along with many others) can yellow your teeth, causing you to become self-conscious about your smile. If you’ve been researching ways to whiten your teeth, you may have come across something known as “GLO teeth whitening.” But what is GLO, exactly, and what does the whitening process involve? We’ve got the answers you need below.
What Is GLO Teeth Whitening?
GLO is an advanced teeth whitening system that allows you to professionally whiten your teeth from the comfort of home. It’s one of the first at-home teeth whitening systems that uses the professional elements of gentle heat and blue LED light. Unlike other whitening solutions that involve messy strips or runny gels, GLO uses professional-strength 10% hydrogen peroxide whitening gel that’s specially designed to stay in place without the need for custom trays. These state-of-the-art LED teeth whitening kits:
- Provide a safe, effective, and efficient teeth whitening experience
- Minimize resulting sensitivity
- Feature fast induction charging
- Use wireless technology (sparing you the hassle of dealing with cords and wires)
- Can be connected via Bluetooth to the GLO Whitening App (allowing you to customize and schedule your treatments, track your progress, and set reminders)
How Does GLO Teeth Whitening Work?
If a dentist determines that you’re a candidate for GLO teeth whitening, they’ll supply you with an LED teeth whitening kit. In addition to the teeth whitening device, your kit will include an induction charging case, 10 vials of teeth whitening gel, lip care, a zippered travel case, a user manual, and a shade guide.
Your dentist will provide you with customized instructions. With that said, during each LED teeth whitening session, you’ll likely need to:
- Brush your teeth with a soft toothbrush
- Apply a thin layer of lip care to the inside and outside of your top and bottom lips (you may also have to apply it to your gums if they’re highly sensitive)
- Brush a thin layer of whitening gel onto the front of your top and bottom teeth
- Insert the mouthpiece into your mouth, turn it on, and keep it within your mouth for the recommended amount of time (usually about 8 minutes)
- Repeat this process according to your dentist’s instructions
What to Expect From GLO Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening results will vary from one person to another based on factors such as genetics, age, and lifestyle. With that said, you’ll likely see results after just one application, and the longer you continue using GLO, the brighter your smile will become.
Ready to Take the Next Step With GLO Teeth Whitening?
If you’re interested in using GLO technology to whiten your teeth, you’ll need to find a reputable dentist offering this service. Fortunately, if you’re in Orinda, California, or the surrounding area, you can turn to Virginia H. Ellis, DDS Dental Corp. We proudly offer the GLO Science Professional PRO WHITE PLATINUM Wireless Teeth Whitening Device kit, as well as various other teeth whitening solutions. Contact us today to learn more and schedule an initial consultation.